Saturday, January 3, 2009

Summer Smiles

During the summer I started a service group. I was involved in some service programs at college, so I wanted to try and continue that during the summer. We did a different service project every week. It wasn't as successful as I had hoped, but it was still a good experience. Every week was different and sometimes the turn out wasn't so great, but we still were able to make people smile.
I had shirts made. It was so exciting when I finally got them!
The front. This is the logo I made!
The back. The lovely slogan.

Some of the members.
We did a lot of different projects. Some of them were, cleaning yards, cleaning house, humanitarian projects (jingle boxes, quilts, stuffed animals, file folder games), visiting nursing homes, delivering baked goods, caroling, and more.
Decorating cupcakes to take to veterans during the 4th of July.
Singing at the Senior Citizens Center

Humanitarian File Folder Games

Playing Bingo with the elderly. And they invited us for lunch...oh boy :)

Making roles to take caroling. My favorite was when one elderly lady forgot we already told her our names before we sang the song, so we had to all say them again.

1 comment:

raghav said...

Great job!! Keep it up!!
Happy new year!